Several years ago Amy Chua, Professor of Law at Yale, wrote this article to accompany her book, Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mom. It became a huge story and subject to lots of critique. Consider…
- What is your take on Chua’s perspective of parenting?
- Are there parts of her position with which you disagree?
- Are there parts of her position with which you agree?
- What is the appropriate/effective way to parent a child?
Most currencies are issued by national governments. Bitcoin is a new digital currency that was created in 2009 by an unknown person/group using the alias Satoshi Nakamoto. There are many questions about its legitimacy, but it is taking off. Explore the two sites below. Watch the video on the first site and read the second. Address the following:
- How is Bitcoin different from other currencies?
- What are the advantages to Bitcoin?
- What are the disadvantages to Bitcoin?
- Would you trust/use Bitcoin?
- Consider the “standards” for effective currency. Does Bitcoin meet them?