This is an article analyzing the developmental distinctions of the Millennial Generation (born from 1980-2000). This is taken from a TIME feature and is a bit longer, but worth the read (click on link below access as PDF file). Consider…
- What is contributing to Millennials’ narcissism (self-absorption, self-centeredness)?
- What is the unintended consequence of focusing on high self-esteem? How has society confused the causes and effects of positive self-esteem? What message/emphasis would be a better model?
- According to Stein, what are some of the strengths of Millennials?
- You are a “Millennial” (so am I). How do you react to this article? What observations do you find real and/or insightful? Is there anything you challenge or contest?
View this TED talk about whether droids (machines/robots) are taking jobs. Consider…
- How is technology changing the labor market?
- Is this presenter optimistic or pessimistic? Why?
- Are you optimistic or pessimistic about what technology is doing to labor markets? Why?
- How does this inform the way you think about your vocational aspirations?